October 22, 2009

"Who Can We Look To?" (Lil Wayne Incident)

So Weezy is to do a year behind bars due to gun possession. Talented individual, I have no argument there. I am a fan of some of his work, but we should be careful who we idolize. We can respect such artists, just as that, artists. As far as human beings with a fine moral compass, that is where we have to use our better judgment. Of course, all people make mistakes, but at some point we must look to others as "heroes." I would really rather not go into this huge rant because I am a big fan of hip hop and music in general, but I did feel it necessary to make a short post about the latest news coverage. I encourage all of my readers, as well as my self, to daily evaluate those that you place on a pedestal. -JS


No comments:

Post a Comment