September 29, 2009

Q & A with Tony Logan

Tony Logan is the promotional directer for Solediction, an online magazine covering sneakers, art, and fashion. Solediction was founded by a few cool dudes with dreams of becoming a premiere, one-stop daily news source for internet savvy sneaker enthusiast. I came across Tony while I was networking on twitter, and as I began to chat with him and learn more about his work, I was truly impressed. After getting my blog off the ground, as well as getting to know Tony a bit, I approached him in regards to doing an interview on Solediction. He was more than eager to jump on the opportunity, and I truly thank him as well as the rest of the Solediction fam! Tony is a super genuine cat, with a good head on his shoulders and a great heart for his work. He, along with the rest of the Solediction crew, is a true inspiration to young, up and comers in the industry, as well as myself. As I was typing up this feature, my mind went to the track "So Ambitious" by Jay-Z and Pharrell. "If you can conceive it, you can achieve it!" Again, a special thanks and shout out to Tony and the rest of the guys with Solediction: Angelo, Taevon, and Ralph! Be sure to check out Solediction daily, and don't be afraid to give Tony a shout!



-For those who don’t know, what is Solediction?
Solediction is an online magazine dedicated to everything related to sneaker culture, including: sneakers, art, fashion, designer toys and more. Existing since November of 2007, Solediction has evolved into a one-stop daily news source for many internet savvy sneaker enthusiast.

-Where did the idea for Solediction come from and how did you decide on the name, Solediction?

Me, Tae, and Angelo came up with the name simply by brainstorming. We tried to come up with a name that was short, catchy, and easy to remember. I think it was Taevon who actually came up with Solediction that we all agreed on.

-Tell us about the latest edition to the Solediction fam.
We have a guy who goes by the name of Ralph Larne who was our intern not too long ago and now moved his way on up to senior editor. He def has a passion for writing and is a great addition to the Solediction family.

-What site would you say is comparable to Solediction?

That is a tough one. I really couldn’t tell you because I think Solediction is too broad to be compared to any other site. If we were just a sneaker site or fashion site then we could name names, but since we do so much more than that I couldn’t say.

-What was the biggest obstacle in getting Solediction up and
running?

I think getting people aware that Solediction even existed was probably the biggest obstacle, but because we came up with Solediction around the time a lot of social networks took off, getting the word out about Solediction became less of a problem.

-Where or who did you pull your inspiration from for Solediction?

Me personally, I pull it from our readers. I think we have the
best/loyal readers in the world. I get inspired when our readers
participate in our giveaways because it lets me know that people are
still coming to Solediction and showing us love and that’s what keeps
me motivated.


-Have you had the opportunity to work with or feature any “famous” people in any way?

Famous... hmmmm... Important, yes! Actually our senior editor Ralph Lorne had the privilege of interviewing Mickey Factz a while back. If you haven’t had a chance to peep it, go check it out. We def. deal with the people in charge when it comes to our features and I think that’s cool that those people take the time out their busy schedule to deal with us.

-If you could have one celeb put a plug for Solediction, who would it be and why?
Pharrell hands down. Because I know if he supports Solediction it must be something special because he has an eye for things. That would def. be dope if he dropped a quick shout out to us or Curren$y too.

-If Solediction had a theme song, what would it be?

Umm this is a hard one... Prob umm "Can’t tell Me Nothing" by Kanye West cause at this point, you can’t tell nobody from Solediction nothing because we on our grind.

-So what’d you guys fill your time with when you’re not making moves to become the premiere online magazine?

For me studying, but then probably hanging with the cousins, shopping, or hitting the movies. Nothing major, I’m a real boring dude.

-What do you see for Solediction five years down the road?

Five years I could see Solediction being one of the top fashion sites
out there and a whole staff full of motivated, hungry writers working
for us.


-As there become more and more young, aspiring entrepreneurs, what would be your main piece of advice for them?
Just put your mind to it, that’s it. We started with an idea, and the result is Solediction. So if you want something, go for it period.



No comments:

Post a Comment