January 13, 2010

Affirmation, check!

Recognition is a funny thing. We all want it, whether admittedly or not. We yearn for it from the right people, however. Some are fully motivated merely by that of acknowledgement on the far end. And others obtain a sincere appreciation from it and use it as further motivation in their craft. Affirmation to me has not always been necessary, but when coming from the appropriate individual, I soak it up as a means to put things in perspective. Being a creative mind, with the gift of making a connection through written word, it is tough to see the light or fruits of my labor at times.

Recently, I was paid a truly inspiring compliment from one of the most influential innovators of the blogging and creative world. Marcus Troy, who in my mind runs the illest blog out there, probably did not even realize the impact his small statement would have on me. Something as small as a shoutout on twitter has given me a renewed jolt of inspiration and a firm shot in the arm of motivation. My sincerest appreciation goes out to Marcus and his kind words. Be sure to check him out daily at marcustroy.com. -JSawyer


No comments:

Post a Comment