January 14, 2010

200 Words or Less

200 Words or Less is a new creative writing segment that I will attempt to update as often as humanly possible and for me, you may never know... The writings could be about my day, some thoughts squirming throughout my head at the moment, a revelation I had at one point during the 24 hours, or any other piece of random nonsense I can conjure up. So here goes. Enjoy... -JSawyer


Amidst the sleep burrowed deep within the crevice of my eyes, I managed to gather up enough momentum to roll my lifeless body off my bed and onto the patch of carpet beneath it. Once on the floor I just lay there for a second, soaking in everything that this tumultuous Thursday already had to offer. Which at this point had been an utterly annoying chime of a cell phone alarm and even more menacing alarm clock located across from me. Several statements already forming themselves amidst my brain station, but for some reason made it no further. No sound, not one utterance coming from my lips. This awkward occasion caused me to linger there on the floor even longer. I'd say it was several minutes before I was able to gather myself and form some sort of speech, equivalent to that of an infant. Then it hit me. My intense slumber was interrupted on account of work in about an hour or so. The words that finally and triumphantly followed, were not so nice... -JSawyer

No comments:

Post a Comment