August 24, 2009

Nugget of the Day -- 5 Years Runnin...

What'd I wanna do with my life? What am I gonna be when I grow up? The infamous questions that every individual is plagued with, basically ever since conception, ha. Well I guess I wasn't really one of the "lucky ones" or should I say, "one in a million," that had it figured out by high school graduation. I have been all over the board with what I wanna do. I mean when I was young, I would have bet you anything that I was gonna be a pistol toting cowboy when I got older! As you can see, I'm still workin on that one to this day, ha. I changed my major so many times while in college, that if I would have completed half of the classes for these majors, I would be the worlds most skilled and well-rounded man! The solitary difference between me now (23) and me then (18-23), is I realized that talk really is cheap. I sat on my tail for five years, running my mouth about what I was gonna do and who I was gonna be, but never put one utterance into action. Now here I am at age 23, and do I have it all figured out, where I'm going and what I'm gonna conquer? No, not necessarily, but I do know that I'm gonna fall on my face, a lot! And the beauty of that is, is that you're not gonna fall, if you're not walking! Start with an interest, something that really lights a fire in you. Formulate a game plan, and put that plan into action. I guarantee that you will be molded, learn more about and stretch yourself, and find direction quicker and clearer, as long as you are taking initiative and doing something! Find inspiration in other peoples journey. It is soooo important to be inspired, and in turn, inspire others!

1 comment:

  1. I have so much faith in you. Everything that comes together for you, makes me happier! Amazing person, musician and artist. Keep shining thru to the top baby! I love you.

    ReplyDelete